Seven tertians arrived on 16th September:
- Mark Luedtke and Matthew Pyrc from the USA,
- Egide Ndayisenga from Burundi,
- Nshimbi Kabamba from Zambia,
- Hubert Ralaivao and Cyprien Ranaivotratra from Madagascar and
- Ignatius Tambudzai from Zimbabwe
to start the second session of the Tertianship at Paradyskloof, near Stellenbosch and Cape Town.
Mike Lewis developed acute appendicitis and had to have an operation on 17th September. Fortunately he was back on the 19th September.
Whilst he was in hospital, Jim McGloin held the fort and the Tertians settled down. This year we have been bedevilled by the diplomatic tensions between South Africa and Rwanda on the one hand, and Nigeria and South Africa on the other.
The result is that we are still short of three Tertians since Innocent Rugaragu will have to return to sort out his visa and we await with patience for the South African Embassy to issue a visa to Chikere Agbo, before the two Nigerian Tertians can arrive.